Head of Zeus is a dynamic publisher of fiction (commercial, literary, children’s) and non fiction (humanities, biographies, lifestyle). We publish around 200 trade titles and 200 paperback titles a year.
We are looking for a bright and creative Junior Designer to join the Head of Zeus Art Department, working across a wide range of book covers and supporting the smooth running of the Art team.
You will contribute to the design and production of book and eBook covers, especially across our Aria (saga, romance, historical and book club fiction) and Zephyr (Children’s) lists. You will work closely with the Art Director and the Art and Production team, and liaise with the editorial, communications and sales teams.
The role is a full-time permanent position currently based on a hybrid working pattern of 2 days in the office (Angel / Farringdon, Central London) / 3 days working from home (or fully office based if preferred). It would suit a graduate with a keen interest in publishing and book cover design.
• Designing original covers, with a particular focus on our Aria and Zephyr lists
• Laying up spread jacket and cover art for circulation and preparing for print
• Assisting with the design and production of the twice yearly catalogue
• General design-related administration duties
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE
• Excellent Creative Suite skills (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) for Mac
• Ability to prioritise, multi-task, and stay organised in a busy work environment
• High standard of typographic design, with excellent attention to detail
• Confident communication skills
Desirable, but not essential:
• Some experience within a publishing environment
• Illustration skills
10 October 2022
If this sounds like you please send your CV and a PDF of recent work, along with a brief cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com. Please note in the subject line: ‘Junior Designer Position’.
Please state if you have a notice period / the date you would be able to start work.
The closing date for applications is 26 August 2022.
Head of Zeus is part of Bloomsbury Publishing. As well as a fantastic opportunity to join a global award-winning organisation, Bloomsbury offers the following competitive benefits package:
- hybrid working pattern of: 2 days office based / 3 days home based (or fully office based if preferred)
- 25 days holiday
- 3.5 days Christmas company holiday
- Two paid Personal Wellness Days
- Flexible Fridays – take Friday afternoon off by working an additional 3 hours and 45 minutes earlier in the week
- Season Ticket Loan
- Sharesave Scheme
- In-house Doctor
- Eyecare Voucher Scheme
- Company culture! – Employee Voice Meetings, Staff Networks (Bloom, Disability, Mental Health, Pride and Parents, Guardians and Carers), 12 Mental Health First Aiders trained across the UK offices, Publishing Events and access to free Publishing Resources
Bloomsbury is a place where anyone of any background, race, ethnicity, religion, sexuality, gender identity, age, ability, or socio-economic status can thrive, feel comfortable, and be heard and accepted. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process, please flag to the recruitment team if required
Applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK.