- 17 hours ago RT @ENortonHistory: The paperback of The Temptation of Elizabeth Tudor on sale in the UK today from @HoZ_Books
- 20 hours ago More belated book post thanks to @HoZ_Books @Dineycost https://t.co/gNDGNhVfIV
- 22 hours ago RT @Suzepr: Great review for @MrsAmandaProwse My Husband's Wife from @Wendy_Holden in #DailyMail 'sad yet upbeat in trademark Prowse style'…
- 1 day ago RT @Aria_Fiction: Literary fiction fan? @Apollo_Fiction is now on Twitter! Follow them to discover the best books you've never read! #hozfa…
- 1 day ago RT @janelythell: Thank you @BrightonWstones for displaying #WomanoftheHour https://t.co/FucvZyOGRS @HoZ_Books @sheilland #newnovel https://…
Books > Death in Byzantium - Box Set
Enter code HOZ-25 at checkout
DEATH IN BYZANTIUM: At the heart of what is left of the Roman Empire, lies a city simmering with intrigue & treachery. Amid this maelstrom stands John, ex-slave, now the right hand of Emperor Justinian. It is John's skills as an investigator that Justinian prizes the most. But the emperor is not a sentimental man. Nor is he a patient one. John knows his position is precarious. One misstep and his enemies may have him. And if they don't, the emperor himself almost certainly will.
ONE FOR SORROW: When the body of a high-ranking treasury official is found in a filthy alley, John's investigation stirs the ghosts of his past and threatens his life.
TWO FOR JOY: John must discover why three of Constantinople's holy stylites have burned to death atop their pillars.
THREE FOR A LETTER: The murder of a child threatens Justinian's dreams of resurrecting the glory of Roman Empire. John will need all his wits to keep his job... and his head.
FOUR FOR A BOY: In this series prequel, John the slave takes his first steps along the dangerous path that will lead him to become Justinian's Lord Chamberlain.