- 1 hour ago RT @katekerrigan: @GillHessLtd @HoZ_Books What a night! https://t.co/HlgO036Zqq
- 1 hour ago @GillHessLtd @HoZ_Books What a night! https://t.co/HlgO036Zqq
- 16 hours ago RT @janelythell: Important idea, author asks what is a book worth? http://t.co/HT4UX05Y2d via @thebookseller @BeachHutWriter @theprimewrite…
- 18 hours ago Important idea, author asks what is a book worth? http://t.co/HT4UX05Y2d via @thebookseller @BeachHutWriter @theprimewriters @HoZ_Books
- 18 hours ago RT @margaretbmadden: Great review of #TheDress @katekerrigan in @IrishIndepende2 today 'a delicious way to pass the time' @HoZ_Books http:/…
Whisper to the Blood
KATE SHUGAK is a native Aleut working as a private investigator in Alaska. She's 5 foot 1 inch tall, carries a scar that runs from ear to ear across her throat and owns half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt. Resourceful, strong-willed, defiant, Kate is tougher than your average heroine - and she needs to be to survive the worst the Alaskan wilds can throw at her.
WHISPER TO THE BLOOD. A mining company has discovered a rich mineral deposit in Alaska's enormous Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge. Politicos see dollar signs for the state, but Ninilta residents, who live near the proposed site, are split: Will outsiders take the jobs? Will the environment be harmed by pollution? Will roads disintegrate . . . tourists invade? As the new chairperson of Ninilta's Native Association, a job she never wanted, Kate is embarassingly ill-equipped to handle the questions. Nor is she prepared when two individuals associated with the company turn up dead.