- 4 hours ago Lovely! It's so fascinating to hear different responses to Kathy and Heja xx @janelythell @loveofagoodbook @HoZ_Books
- 4 hours ago 'An incredibly moving story of love, loss and friendship.' lovely review of @EmmaBurstall The Darling Girls from @CarWillow this week!
- 5 hours ago What a terrific review Kirsty. Thanks so much. Apologies to your family for the distraction! @loveofagoodbook @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books
- 5 hours ago RT @loveofagoodbook: Today on @loveofagoodbook: The Lie of You by @janelythell http://t.co/HDFv2hGE6p @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books
- 5 hours ago Today on @loveofagoodbook: The Lie of You by @janelythell http://t.co/DvMyF1F5Zj @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books
Whisper to the Blood
KATE SHUGAK is a native Aleut working as a private investigator in Alaska. She's 5 foot 1 inch tall, carries a scar that runs from ear to ear across her throat and owns half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt. Resourceful, strong-willed, defiant, Kate is tougher than your average heroine - and she needs to be to survive the worst the Alaskan wilds can throw at her.
WHISPER TO THE BLOOD. A mining company has discovered a rich mineral deposit in Alaska's enormous Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge. Politicos see dollar signs for the state, but Ninilta residents, who live near the proposed site, are split: Will outsiders take the jobs? Will the environment be harmed by pollution? Will roads disintegrate . . . tourists invade? As the new chairperson of Ninilta's Native Association, a job she never wanted, Kate is embarassingly ill-equipped to handle the questions. Nor is she prepared when two individuals associated with the company turn up dead.