- 1 hour ago RT @AmandaProwseFan: #FollowFriday International bestselling author @MrsAmandaProwse & the finest publishers in the land @HoZ_Books http:/…
- 14 hours ago Top debuts of summer are from @HubCityPress @LMpublishing @ApprenticeHouse @shewritespress @HoZ_Books @unbridledbooks http://t.co/q1kPfGvJJD
- 18 hours ago "Swords around the throne" es la segunda novela de la serie El ocaso del Imperio del escritor Ian Ross @HoZ_Books http://t.co/bnMvYvc8pp
- 19 hours ago The @katekerrigan blog tour is go! @shoefiend1984 is hosting Kate today, where Kate talks research for #TheDress http://t.co/H5IVb8K2MB
- 20 hours ago RT @GillHessLtd: Border Angels by Anthony J. Quinn @HoZ_Books of Zeus Interview @IrishTimes http://t.co/xkxSoQMrQX
Whisper to the Blood
KATE SHUGAK is a native Aleut working as a private investigator in Alaska. She's 5 foot 1 inch tall, carries a scar that runs from ear to ear across her throat and owns half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt. Resourceful, strong-willed, defiant, Kate is tougher than your average heroine - and she needs to be to survive the worst the Alaskan wilds can throw at her.
WHISPER TO THE BLOOD. A mining company has discovered a rich mineral deposit in Alaska's enormous Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge. Politicos see dollar signs for the state, but Ninilta residents, who live near the proposed site, are split: Will outsiders take the jobs? Will the environment be harmed by pollution? Will roads disintegrate . . . tourists invade? As the new chairperson of Ninilta's Native Association, a job she never wanted, Kate is embarassingly ill-equipped to handle the questions. Nor is she prepared when two individuals associated with the company turn up dead.