- 3 hours ago @LauraSummersNow Me too! "Wesley Dale" is secretly Laura Palmer (which is me.) This is my first book launch as an author... exciting. Lx
- 3 hours ago Launch tonight of SAY CHEESE by Wesley Dale (aka Laura Palmer). 132 Commercial st, 6.30pm, come by if you like cheese jokes... Lx
- 5 hours ago Looking forward to the launch of 'Say Cheese' tonight from the team at @HoZ_Books
- 7 hours ago RT @UnitedAgents: Keep your eyes peeled for #PhilipKerr’s gripping new thriller, #JanuaryWindow, published by @HoZ_Books and hits the shelv…
- 1 day ago @HoZ_Books @AmandaProwseFan yeeeeeha! xxx
Whisper to the Blood
KATE SHUGAK is a native Aleut working as a private investigator in Alaska. She's 5 foot 1 inch tall, carries a scar that runs from ear to ear across her throat and owns half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt. Resourceful, strong-willed, defiant, Kate is tougher than your average heroine - and she needs to be to survive the worst the Alaskan wilds can throw at her.
WHISPER TO THE BLOOD. A mining company has discovered a rich mineral deposit in Alaska's enormous Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge. Politicos see dollar signs for the state, but Ninilta residents, who live near the proposed site, are split: Will outsiders take the jobs? Will the environment be harmed by pollution? Will roads disintegrate . . . tourists invade? As the new chairperson of Ninilta's Native Association, a job she never wanted, Kate is embarassingly ill-equipped to handle the questions. Nor is she prepared when two individuals associated with the company turn up dead.