- 7 hours ago #Oops! Wrong title in URL! #Review is for The Clue of the Twisted Candle by #EdgarWallace https://t.co/qXOf4qEoh0 @PPPress @HoZ_Books
- 7 hours ago @margaretbmadden @DevlinMartina @mira_booksUK @HarlequinBooks @HoZ_Books thanks! Xxxx
- 9 hours ago Latest #GoldenAgeofMystery review:The Clue of the New Pin, Edgar Wallace https://t.co/qXOf4qEoh0 A #lockedroom mystery! @PPPress @HoZ_Books
- 1 day ago RT @henrymartinHM: William Boyd selects @dablough #nomorechampagne in @GuardianBooks of the year with @andrewlownie #stalinsenglishman @HoZ…
- 1 day ago Sunday Times Culture: Why have @HoZ_Books and Tim Pat Coogan ignored the Haughey family's denials of claims made in 1916: The Mornings After
Whisper to the Blood by Dana Stabenow
Enter code HOZ-25 at checkout
KATE SHUGAK is a native Aleut working as a private investigator in Alaska. She's 5 foot 1 inch tall, carries a scar that runs from ear to ear across her throat and owns half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt. Resourceful, strong-willed, defiant, Kate is tougher than your average heroine - and she needs to be to survive the worst the Alaskan wilds can throw at her.
WHISPER TO THE BLOOD. A mining company has discovered a rich mineral deposit in Alaska's enormous Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge. Politicos see dollar signs for the state, but Ninilta residents, who live near the proposed site, are split: Will outsiders take the jobs? Will the environment be harmed by pollution? Will roads disintegrate . . . tourists invade? As the new chairperson of Ninilta's Native Association, a job she never wanted, Kate is embarassingly ill-equipped to handle the questions. Nor is she prepared when two individuals associated with the company turn up dead.