- 24 minutes ago RT @NeverlandBT: Thanks @ChouettBlog for kicking off the tour today & hosting this guest post! ~ http://t.co/CqO9P9kP0c @HoZ_Books @davidgi…
- 5 hours ago RT @GillHessLtd: 1916: THE MORNING AFTER by Tim Pat Coogan @HoZ_Books http://t.co/BxZyqtitnO
- 6 hours ago 1916: THE MORNING AFTER by Tim Pat Coogan @HoZ_Books http://t.co/BxZyqtitnO
- 18 hours ago Scene @FoxedQuarterly as Biographers Club 1st book finalists read. #No More Champagne eligible next yr! @HoZ_Books http://t.co/swEnzVWp3y
- 23 hours ago Look fed to signing #NoMoreChampagne at @FoxedBooks Gloucester Rd this pm @HoZ_Books @TheTimes @thebookseller http://t.co/P0mbwiNBE6
Whisper to the Blood by Dana Stabenow
Enter code OWL33 at checkout
KATE SHUGAK is a native Aleut working as a private investigator in Alaska. She's 5 foot 1 inch tall, carries a scar that runs from ear to ear across her throat and owns half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt. Resourceful, strong-willed, defiant, Kate is tougher than your average heroine - and she needs to be to survive the worst the Alaskan wilds can throw at her.
WHISPER TO THE BLOOD. A mining company has discovered a rich mineral deposit in Alaska's enormous Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge. Politicos see dollar signs for the state, but Ninilta residents, who live near the proposed site, are split: Will outsiders take the jobs? Will the environment be harmed by pollution? Will roads disintegrate . . . tourists invade? As the new chairperson of Ninilta's Native Association, a job she never wanted, Kate is embarassingly ill-equipped to handle the questions. Nor is she prepared when two individuals associated with the company turn up dead.