- 9 hours ago @Mark_Beech @HoZ_Books (Joyce getting blind ) signed my father neo-modernist Carl Kohler ( 1919-2006 ). http://t.co/naPN10gT1V
- 9 hours ago ICYMI: Anticipated Books (Winter-Spring) 2015: Fiction & Thrillers http://t.co/uDryydiobF @fsgbooks @Fig_Tree_Books @HoZ_Books #anticipated
- 10 hours ago https://t.co/Dsl5Uh9ksF @HoZ_Books @NotBeckySharp @sewdarnpretty
- 15 hours ago @janelythell @hellosweety26 @HoZ_Books Morning Jane!
- 16 hours ago RT @hazelarbuckle: @Floramca @HoZ_Books @MrsAmandaProwse @AmandaProwseFan @MajorProwse I got Dot :D
Whisper to the Blood
KATE SHUGAK is a native Aleut working as a private investigator in Alaska. She's 5 foot 1 inch tall, carries a scar that runs from ear to ear across her throat and owns half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt. Resourceful, strong-willed, defiant, Kate is tougher than your average heroine - and she needs to be to survive the worst the Alaskan wilds can throw at her.
WHISPER TO THE BLOOD. A mining company has discovered a rich mineral deposit in Alaska's enormous Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge. Politicos see dollar signs for the state, but Ninilta residents, who live near the proposed site, are split: Will outsiders take the jobs? Will the environment be harmed by pollution? Will roads disintegrate . . . tourists invade? As the new chairperson of Ninilta's Native Association, a job she never wanted, Kate is embarassingly ill-equipped to handle the questions. Nor is she prepared when two individuals associated with the company turn up dead.