- 9 hours ago New favourite: Carter USM / Sheriff Fatman http://t.co/sYmT4K9cHc @DeezerUK
- 15 hours ago 425 FIVE STAR reviews for 'What Have I Done?' by our favourite author @MrsAmandaProwse : ) http://t.co/ltEHBuYYxq @HoZ_Books
- 15 hours ago @AbigailKohlhoff @angryrobotbooks @HoZ_Books Ooh! Hope you enjoy! :-)
- 15 hours ago Some lovely proofs from our new Faber rep including @strangechem, @angryrobotbooks, and @HoZ_Books! Can't wait to get home and read!
- 22 hours ago RT @Shotsblog updated blog by Lesley Thomson - The Detective's Daughter - http://t.co/c8tfUmtDNa - @the_cwa @LesleyjmThomson
Whisper to the Blood
KATE SHUGAK is a native Aleut working as a private investigator in Alaska. She's 5 foot 1 inch tall, carries a scar that runs from ear to ear across her throat and owns half-wolf, half-husky dog named Mutt. Resourceful, strong-willed, defiant, Kate is tougher than your average heroine - and she needs to be to survive the worst the Alaskan wilds can throw at her.
WHISPER TO THE BLOOD. A mining company has discovered a rich mineral deposit in Alaska's enormous Iqaluk Wildlife Refuge. Politicos see dollar signs for the state, but Ninilta residents, who live near the proposed site, are split: Will outsiders take the jobs? Will the environment be harmed by pollution? Will roads disintegrate . . . tourists invade? As the new chairperson of Ninilta's Native Association, a job she never wanted, Kate is embarassingly ill-equipped to handle the questions. Nor is she prepared when two individuals associated with the company turn up dead.