- 5 hours ago RT @culaqilei: @Wsnuratiqah http://t.co/L9uV7V1XM5 #Xis9rcy
- 15 hours ago @janelythell My family loved the silence lol, it was an amazing book xx @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books
- 23 hours ago Lovely! It's so fascinating to hear different responses to Kathy and Heja xx @janelythell @loveofagoodbook @HoZ_Books
- 23 hours ago 'An incredibly moving story of love, loss and friendship.' lovely review of @EmmaBurstall The Darling Girls from @CarWillow this week!
- 23 hours ago What a terrific review Kirsty. Thanks so much. Apologies to your family for the distraction! @loveofagoodbook @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books
What WATERSHIP DOWN did for rabbits, THE TWYNING will do for the kingdom of rats.
A story of love, war and rats...
This is the story of Efren, a young ratling born into the Court of Tasting, in the kingdom of rats below the city streets. The kingdom is in turmoil after the death of the old king, assassinated by a human scientist, Dr Henry Ross-Gibbon. Obsessed by an ambition to exterminate all rats, the doctor is assisted by Dogboy, an abandoned thirteen-year-old with a gift for understanding animals. Soon a war to the death rages between the rat kingdom and its mortal enemy: humankind.
Hurt and alone, Efren finds shelter with Dogboy and his friend Caz, a runaway eleven-year-old girl. And between these unlikely allies a spark is ignited - first of communication, then of hope. This tumultuous story of creatures caught up in a pitiless war transcends the barriers between animals and humans. What Watership Down did for rabbits, THE TWYNING will do for the kingdom of rats.