- 20 hours ago @DavidEssexNews is making people's day at @Bluewaterstones! http://t.co/ADIh4IavvN
- 20 hours ago RT @emilybanyard: The fabulous #davidessex at @Bluewaterstones @HoZ_Books @FMcMAssociates http://t.co/QrG5wQUXEp
- 20 hours ago @DavidEssexNews is feeling the love @Bluewaterstones today! Come down for the chance to meet him
- 20 hours ago The fabulous #davidessex at @Bluewaterstones @HoZ_Books @FMcMAssociates http://t.co/QrG5wQUXEp
- 20 hours ago At @Bluewaterstones with @DavidEssexNews who has had a really warm welcome!
What WATERSHIP DOWN did for rabbits, THE TWYNING will do for the kingdom of rats.
A story of love, war and rats...
This is the story of Efren, a young ratling born into the Court of Tasting, in the kingdom of rats below the city streets. The kingdom is in turmoil after the death of the old king, assassinated by a human scientist, Dr Henry Ross-Gibbon. Obsessed by an ambition to exterminate all rats, the doctor is assisted by Dogboy, an abandoned thirteen-year-old with a gift for understanding animals. Soon a war to the death rages between the rat kingdom and its mortal enemy: humankind.
Hurt and alone, Efren finds shelter with Dogboy and his friend Caz, a runaway eleven-year-old girl. And between these unlikely allies a spark is ignited - first of communication, then of hope. This tumultuous story of creatures caught up in a pitiless war transcends the barriers between animals and humans. What Watership Down did for rabbits, THE TWYNING will do for the kingdom of rats.