- 1 hour ago So excited in the office today to hear Head of Zeus has been shortlisted for the @ipghq awards 2016 for Trade Publisher of the Year!
- 1 hour ago #HeadofZeus are nominated in the 16th #IPGAwards! TwooTwoo! https://t.co/PKjH1wxR0X @HoZ_Books
- 3 hours ago RT @janelythell: Do #writing retreats work? https://t.co/pV5QfHHmkT @HoZ_Books @sheilland @theprimewriters @arvonfoundation
- 4 hours ago I strongly recommend them @theprimewriters @HoZ_Books @sheilland @arvonfoundation
- 4 hours ago RT @IPGbooknews: Fall in #Love with a new book this #ValentinesDay! @MrsAmandaProwse @HoZ_Books #amreading https://t.co/rCCe7xxXZE https://…
The Desert of Souls by Howard Andrew Jones
Acclaimed fantasy debut introducing a ripsnorting swords and sorcery adventure, inspired by the tales of One Thousand and One Nights.
THE CHRONICLE OF SWORD & SAND: Baghdad, AD 790. Caliph Harun al-Rashid presides over the greatest metropolis on Earth, ruler of an empire stretches from China to Byzantium. His exploits will be recorded in Alf Layla or, as we know it, The Book of One Thousand and One Nights.
But The Thousand and One Nights are silent on the deeds and adventures that befell two of the Caliph's subjects: the renowned scholar Dabir ibn Kahlil, and his shield and right hand, Asim el Abbas. For their story, we must turn to the Chronicle of Sand and Sword...
THE DESERT OF SOULS: Amid the trackless sands of ancient Arabia, two companions - a swordsman and a scholar - search for the ruins of the lost city of Ubar. Before their quest is over, they will battle necromancers and animated corpses, they will confront a creature that has traded wisdom for the souls of men since the dawn of time and they will fight to save a city's soul.