- 17 hours ago @HoZ_Books aquires Clare Carson's #debut #novels from @oliagent of @AMHeathLtd in a 2 #bookdeal.
- 20 hours ago RT @ben_cheethamUK: First look at the real thing. @HoZ_Books have done an amazing job. Only a month until publication! http://t.co/N3SgDme5…
- 21 hours ago Review of LAZY DAYS by Erlend Loe http://t.co/PtYof7FDpg Loe is such a slacker, but he is unaccountably funny @erlendloe @HoZ_Books
- 21 hours ago RT @AMHeathLtd: Fantastic news for Clare Carson and @oliagent! HoZ pre-empts debut in six-figure deal | The Bookseller http://t.co/2Pd6iOjB…
- 22 hours ago @AMHeathLtd @oliagent @HoZ_Books Congrats to all involved.
This is the story of Efren, a young ratling born into the Court of Tasting, in the kingdom of rats below the city streets. The kingdom is in turmoil after the death of the old king, assassinated by a human scientist, Dr Henry Ross-Gibbon. Obsessed by an ambition to exterminate all rats, the doctor is assisted by Dogboy, an abandoned thirteen-year-old with a gift for understanding animals. Soon a war to the death rages between the rat kingdom and its mortal enemy: humankind.
Hurt and alone, Efren finds shelter with Dogboy and his friend Caz, a runaway eleven-year-old girl. And between these unlikely allies a spark is ignited - first of communication, then of hope. This tumultuous story of creatures caught up in a pitiless war transcends the barriers between animals and humans. What Watership Down did for rabbits, THE TWYNING will do for the kingdom of rats.