- 2 hours ago normally when I browse amazon it is full of HoZ books Im tracking - but you buy one little Frozen present & the recommendations flood in!
- 3 hours ago NP: Anticipated Books (Winter-Spring) 2015: Historical Fiction January-March http://t.co/cgY3SrH9nT @canongatebooks @HoZ_Books #anticipated
- 15 hours ago My Interview With Author Joakim Zander @JoakimZander http://t.co/Y2wk8jiV5s @HoZ_Books http://t.co/Xm4cOmuNyY
- 19 hours ago RT @marymaywrite: December is #pantomime time in the old country... http://t.co/kTcvq9b9tU #nostalgia #entertainment @PPPress @Hoz_Books
- 19 hours ago December is #pantomime time in the old country... http://t.co/kTcvq9b9tU #nostalgia #entertainment @PPPress @Hoz_Books
This is the story of Efren, a young ratling born into the Court of Tasting, in the kingdom of rats below the city streets. The kingdom is in turmoil after the death of the old king, assassinated by a human scientist, Dr Henry Ross-Gibbon. Obsessed by an ambition to exterminate all rats, the doctor is assisted by Dogboy, an abandoned thirteen-year-old with a gift for understanding animals. Soon a war to the death rages between the rat kingdom and its mortal enemy: humankind.
Hurt and alone, Efren finds shelter with Dogboy and his friend Caz, a runaway eleven-year-old girl. And between these unlikely allies a spark is ignited - first of communication, then of hope. This tumultuous story of creatures caught up in a pitiless war transcends the barriers between animals and humans. What Watership Down did for rabbits, THE TWYNING will do for the kingdom of rats.