- 1 hour ago @EmmaBurstall @colinjfield @HoZ_Books @WaterstonesRich - excellent launch and looking forward to reading Tremarnock
- 1 hour ago @colinjfield @HoZ_Books Thanks @WaterstonesRich for hosting my jolly launch. Can't think of better venue!
- 1 hour ago RT @colinjfield: Easily one of the best book launches I've been to. Congrats @EmmaBurstall @HoZ_Books
- 10 hours ago RT @Suzepr: @LesleyjmThomson on stage with @jslawbooks @fergusmcneilll at the #berrytheatre talking Crime. @HoZ_Books http://t.co/gOPdxBSnSd
- 13 hours ago @LesleyjmThomson @fergusoneill @jslawbooks talking Crime at #theBerryTheatre http://t.co/f1WPCG1m3A
The Twyning by Terence Blacker
Enter code OWL33 at checkout
What WATERSHIP DOWN did for rabbits, THE TWYNING will do for the kingdom of rats.
A story of love, war and rats...
This is the story of Efren, a young ratling born into the Court of Tasting, in the kingdom of rats below the city streets. The kingdom is in turmoil after the death of the old king, assassinated by a human scientist, Dr Henry Ross-Gibbon. Obsessed by an ambition to exterminate all rats, the doctor is assisted by Dogboy, an abandoned thirteen-year-old with a gift for understanding animals. Soon a war to the death rages between the rat kingdom and its mortal enemy: humankind.
Hurt and alone, Efren finds shelter with Dogboy and his friend Caz, a runaway eleven-year-old girl. And between these unlikely allies a spark is ignited - first of communication, then of hope. This tumultuous story of creatures caught up in a pitiless war transcends the barriers between animals and humans. What Watership Down did for rabbits, THE TWYNING will do for the kingdom of rats.