- 7 hours ago #Oops! Wrong title in URL! #Review is for The Clue of the Twisted Candle by #EdgarWallace https://t.co/qXOf4qEoh0 @PPPress @HoZ_Books
- 7 hours ago @margaretbmadden @DevlinMartina @mira_booksUK @HarlequinBooks @HoZ_Books thanks! Xxxx
- 9 hours ago Latest #GoldenAgeofMystery review:The Clue of the New Pin, Edgar Wallace https://t.co/qXOf4qEoh0 A #lockedroom mystery! @PPPress @HoZ_Books
- 1 day ago RT @henrymartinHM: William Boyd selects @dablough #nomorechampagne in @GuardianBooks of the year with @andrewlownie #stalinsenglishman @HoZ…
- 1 day ago Sunday Times Culture: Why have @HoZ_Books and Tim Pat Coogan ignored the Haughey family's denials of claims made in 1916: The Mornings After
The Rook by Daniel O'Malley
'The body you are wearing used to be mine.' So begins the letter Myfanwy Thomas is holding when she awakes in a London park surrounded by bodies all wearing latex gloves. With no recollection of who she is, Myfanwy must follow the instructions her former self left behind to discover her identity and track down the agents who want to destroy her.
She soon learns that she is a Rook, a high-ranking member of a secret organization called the Checquy that battles the many supernatural forces at work in Britain. She also discovers that she possesses a rare and deadly supernatural ability of her own.
Filled with characters both fascinating and fantastical, The Rook is a richly inventive, suspenseful fantasy. An astonishing debut from a brilliant new voice.