- 4 hours ago I like the sound of loads of the non-fiction in the Autumn @HoZ_Books catalogue http://t.co/mNydU0Gp5M
- 10 hours ago The @HoZ_Books catalogue has just arrived and I am a little bit (very big bit) excited.
- 11 hours ago RT @DinsdaleImber: Congrats to @Luke_Scull whose pretty awesome THE GRIM COMPANY is shortlisted for the Morningstar Award @GEMMELLAWARD @Ho…
- 14 hours ago Congrats to @Luke_Scull whose pretty awesome THE GRIM COMPANY is shortlisted for the Morningstar Award @GEMMELLAWARD @HoZ_Books
- 1 day ago RT @MrsAmandaProwse: @bbcrb @readingagency @HoZ_Books I'm talking world book night at 10 am!
Stealing the Dragon
Take a smart, funny ex-detective. Add a beautiful, deadly Chinese assassin. Pour into San Francisco, shake violently and you have one sassy new thriller.
THE SAN FRANCISCO NOIR SERIES. Take one smart, funny ex-detective. Add one beautiful, deadly Chinese assassin. Pour into San Francisco and shake violently.
STEALING THE DRAGON. When a container ship filled with illegal Chinese immigrants runs aground on Alcatraz Island, the crew slaughtered like cattle, private investigator Cape Weathers has to find out what happened. His motives aren't mercenary, but personal. He's afraid that his friend Sally Mei, a woman with a shadowy past, might have been the killer.
Weathers' investigation takes him into Chinatown where he runs up against the Triads, a local leader with his eyes on the mayors' office and an exiled mob boss improbably named One-Eyed Dong. The colorful characters are just part of the fun in this fast-paced story. Even better are the flashbacks to Sally's life growing up in a Hong Kong school for assassins.