- 14 hours ago Very pleased to hear that @FaberAcademy alumnus, Sir Christopher Bland, publishes his debut novel 'Ashes in the Wind' w/ @HoZ_Books in Sept.
- 14 hours ago RT @kmap2: So Audrey: 59 Ways to Put a Little Hepburn in Your Step/Cindy De La Hoz #books http://t.co/e2lNNtlCeL
- 14 hours ago So Audrey: 59 Ways to Put a Little Hepburn in Your Step/Cindy De La Hoz #books http://t.co/e2lNNtlCeL
- 1 day ago Great to hear yr reaction. Heja divides readers. Some feel sympathy for her in spite of her monstrous actions @loveofagoodbook @HoZ_Books
- 1 day ago @DGazotau http://t.co/jrK8bffuGU #18jot
Something You Are
Is evil something you do, or something you are...?
'The first time I killed someone, I wasn't paid for it.
Like many kids, I drifted into my career by accident.' Nic Caruana.
Nic Caruana is paid to kill people. Once, he was destined for a white-collar job in a middle-class area. But like many kids, he made a fatal mistake. Now, he inhabits the bleak, dark city that runs like a seam beneath London.
His latest job is to track down the daughter of an arms dealer, using any weapon necessary to get to the truth. But Nic has fallen in love with his dangerous employer's wife. When the missing girl turns up dead, this grief-stricken mother starts playing twisted games with Nic... and this time he has nothing in his armoury to protect himself.
Taut, spare, and brilliantly plotted, Something You Are is the first in a series of menacing urban crime novels from a young female writer of exceptional talent.