- 1 hour ago RT @katekerrigan: With legend Tim Pat Coogan @BGEIBAS @HoZ_Books https://t.co/9b49clrxnj
- 1 hour ago With legend Tim Pat Coogan @BGEIBAS @HoZ_Books https://t.co/9b49clrxnj
- 4 hours ago @HoZ_Books @BGEIBAS #IrishBookAwards here we come! https://t.co/Ylb1CcAYdc
- 6 hours ago RT @BBDPAwards: Check out The Wisdom of Trees by @HoZ_Books, Finalist for #BBDPA Trade Illustrated https://t.co/u3aU2irTLX
- 7 hours ago Good luck @BloomsburyBooks @picadorbooks @HoZ_Books @TrampPress @BGEIBAS at tonight's awards! https://t.co/I0zyOqOLbj
Something You Are by Hanna Jameson
Is evil something you do, or something you are...?
'The first time I killed someone, I wasn't paid for it.
Like many kids, I drifted into my career by accident.' Nic Caruana.
Nic Caruana is paid to kill people. Once, he was destined for a white-collar job in a middle-class area. But like many kids, he made a fatal mistake. Now, he inhabits the bleak, dark city that runs like a seam beneath London.
His latest job is to track down the daughter of an arms dealer, using any weapon necessary to get to the truth. But Nic has fallen in love with his dangerous employer's wife. When the missing girl turns up dead, this grief-stricken mother starts playing twisted games with Nic... and this time he has nothing in his armoury to protect himself.
Taut, spare, and brilliantly plotted, Something You Are is the first in a series of menacing urban crime novels from a young female writer of exceptional talent.