- 12 minutes ago Thanks @EmilyZinkin @HoZ_Books for The Dress @katekerrigan. Such a beautiful looking and sounding book. http://t.co/9vjps6rkJr
- 21 minutes ago RT @sffworld: The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu (@kyliu99 |@HoZ_Books | @TorBooks) reviewed by Mark Yon http://t.co/VlV7Hl1b6R
- 1 hour ago Book Post! Thank you Emily @EmilyZinkin for the delightful review copy #TheDress @katekerrigan Beautiful @HoZ_Books http://t.co/jyqu528ezf
- 1 hour ago @BookLoverx @HoZ_Books but what colour is it????
- 2 hours ago RT @sffworld: The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu (@kyliu99 |@HoZ_Books | @TorBooks) reviewed by Mark Yon http://t.co/VlV7Hl1b6R
Something You Are
Is evil something you do, or something you are...?
'The first time I killed someone, I wasn't paid for it.
Like many kids, I drifted into my career by accident.' Nic Caruana.
Nic Caruana is paid to kill people. Once, he was destined for a white-collar job in a middle-class area. But like many kids, he made a fatal mistake. Now, he inhabits the bleak, dark city that runs like a seam beneath London.
His latest job is to track down the daughter of an arms dealer, using any weapon necessary to get to the truth. But Nic has fallen in love with his dangerous employer's wife. When the missing girl turns up dead, this grief-stricken mother starts playing twisted games with Nic... and this time he has nothing in his armoury to protect himself.
Taut, spare, and brilliantly plotted, Something You Are is the first in a series of menacing urban crime novels from a young female writer of exceptional talent.