- 1 hour ago @AtkinsDani @HoZ_Books @NotBeckySharp You're very welcome :) x
- 1 hour ago @Cosmochicklitan @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books THANK YOU for your lovely words - it means so much! x
- 1 hour ago RT @Cosmochicklitan: The Story of Us by @AtkinsDani is utterly brilliant and breathtaking!! http://t.co/P3F8ADbMJ1 @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Book…
- 1 hour ago @zarinatweets @HoZ_Books @NotBeckySharp This is a lovely review - thank you so much Zarina!
- 3 hours ago we are very pleased to welcome our new Rights Director Claire Nozieres to the HoZ roost! http://t.co/NN5IlgjFIj
Something You Are
Is evil something you do, or something you are...?
'The first time I killed someone, I wasn't paid for it.
Like many kids, I drifted into my career by accident.' Nic Caruana.
Nic Caruana is paid to kill people. Once, he was destined for a white-collar job in a middle-class area. But like many kids, he made a fatal mistake. Now, he inhabits the bleak, dark city that runs like a seam beneath London.
His latest job is to track down the daughter of an arms dealer, using any weapon necessary to get to the truth. But Nic has fallen in love with his dangerous employer's wife. When the missing girl turns up dead, this grief-stricken mother starts playing twisted games with Nic... and this time he has nothing in his armoury to protect himself.
Taut, spare, and brilliantly plotted, Something You Are is the first in a series of menacing urban crime novels from a young female writer of exceptional talent.