- 7 hours ago #Oops! Wrong title in URL! #Review is for The Clue of the Twisted Candle by #EdgarWallace https://t.co/qXOf4qEoh0 @PPPress @HoZ_Books
- 7 hours ago @margaretbmadden @DevlinMartina @mira_booksUK @HarlequinBooks @HoZ_Books thanks! Xxxx
- 9 hours ago Latest #GoldenAgeofMystery review:The Clue of the New Pin, Edgar Wallace https://t.co/qXOf4qEoh0 A #lockedroom mystery! @PPPress @HoZ_Books
- 1 day ago RT @henrymartinHM: William Boyd selects @dablough #nomorechampagne in @GuardianBooks of the year with @andrewlownie #stalinsenglishman @HoZ…
- 1 day ago Sunday Times Culture: Why have @HoZ_Books and Tim Pat Coogan ignored the Haughey family's denials of claims made in 1916: The Mornings After
Shadows in the Night by Jane Finnis
AD 91: Life is cheap, and so is death...
WELCOME TO ROMAN BRITAIN. It is almost fifty years since the legions invaded but Britannia is still a raw, frontier province. Tensions run high, especially in the north, where Aurelia Marcella, a young Roman woman fled from the ruins of Pompeii, runs the Oak Tree Inn on the road to York.
SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT. When a traveller is beaten and left for dead outside her inn, Aurelia finds herself confronted by a man known only as The Shadow of Death. The Shadow of Death leads a clandestine warband and they have but one message for Roman settlers like Aurelia: GET OUT OR DIE. Can Aurelia discover who The Shadow of Death is before his campaign of terror turns to outright rebellion?