- 4 hours ago RT @Bluewaterstones: Meet @DavidEssexNews here this Saturday, 28th March at 1pm. He's signing his wonderful new book of poems and lyrics! h…
- 5 hours ago RT @janelythell: Great review of #AfterTheStorm http://t.co/3h3jt5SeKe Warm thanks to @DebsCarr and to @Novelicious @HoZ_Books
- 5 hours ago Great review of #AfterTheStorm http://t.co/3h3jt5SeKe Warm thanks to @DebsCarr and to @Novelicious @HoZ_Books
- 6 hours ago Just a reminder that @DavidEssexNews is going to be at @Bluewaterstones Bluewater from 1pm on Saturday! http://t.co/hR2kwsVYBW
- 7 hours ago Read @DavidEssexNews's One minute interview in The @Independent: http://t.co/NahAjfE2jm & Catch him at @Bluewaterstones This Sat! @HoZ_Books
Shadows in the Night
AD 91: Life is cheap, and so is death...
WELCOME TO ROMAN BRITAIN. It is almost fifty years since the legions invaded but Britannia is still a raw, frontier province. Tensions run high, especially in the north, where Aurelia Marcella, a young Roman woman fled from the ruins of Pompeii, runs the Oak Tree Inn on the road to York.
SHADOWS IN THE NIGHT. When a traveller is beaten and left for dead outside her inn, Aurelia finds herself confronted by a man known only as The Shadow of Death. The Shadow of Death leads a clandestine warband and they have but one message for Roman settlers like Aurelia: GET OUT OR DIE. Can Aurelia discover who The Shadow of Death is before his campaign of terror turns to outright rebellion?