- 5 hours ago @HoZ_Books @MrsAmandaProwse WooHoo!! X
- 5 hours ago Looking for love? A Little Love by @MrsAmandaProwse http://t.co/lAg3DNpK7a publishes in 3 days! #countdown #book #lovestory
- 6 hours ago RT @NotBeckySharp: Ooh a little bit of love just landed on my desk by @MrsAmandaProwse http://t.co/Evz9HPK4YZ
- 1 day ago RT @wordery: Today's giveaway is Victoria Hislop's The Story! To WIN follow @wordery and RT #100bookgiveaway GOOD LUCK! @HoZ_Books http://t…
- 1 day ago @gowerst_books @HoZ_Books @MRCKASASIAN @aurumpress looking forward to Waterstones signing this afternoon!
A crime novel set in Ancient Rome. A city under the thrall of a tyrant, where deceit and death walk hand-in-hand.
DECEIT, TYRANNY, DEATH.
Games the Romans play best.
Sextus Ingentius Verpa, imperial senator, notorious informer and scheming minion of the despotic Emperor Domitian, has been butchered in the night.
The Emperor has decreed that punishment will be swift and has commissioned Gaius Plinius Secundus - better known as Pliny the Younger - to investigate. Pliny is no detective, but unless he can find the murderer by the close of the ‘Ludi Romani', or Roman Games, all Verpa's slaves - forty men and women - will be burned alive in the arena.
That gives Pliny just fifteen days. Fifteen days that will threaten Pliny's conscience, his life and the stability of Rome itself.