- 3 hours ago Just received 1st draft of @MrsAmandaProwse new novel, A MOTHER'S STORY. Cannot wait to read. Am expecting to be shocked & shed a tear... Lx
- 4 hours ago August Book Haul - @HodderBooks @orionbooks @headlinepg @TransworldBooks @QuercusBooks @HoZ_Books http://t.co/NfWqUYXakH #bookbloggers
- 5 hours ago big thanks to my agent @andrewlownie for help on delivering debut book 'No More Champagne' ms to @HoZ_Books and soon @PicadorUSA
- 6 hours ago RT @Cosmochicklitan: The Story of Us by @AtkinsDani is utterly brilliant and breathtaking!! http://t.co/P3F8ADbMJ1 @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Book…
- 6 hours ago The Story of Us by @AtkinsDani is utterly brilliant and breathtaking!! http://t.co/P3F8ADbMJ1 @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books #review
A crime novel set in Ancient Rome. A city under the thrall of a tyrant, where deceit and death walk hand-in-hand.
DECEIT, TYRANNY, DEATH.
Games the Romans play best.
Sextus Ingentius Verpa, imperial senator, notorious informer and scheming minion of the despotic Emperor Domitian, has been butchered in the night.
The Emperor has decreed that punishment will be swift and has commissioned Gaius Plinius Secundus - better known as Pliny the Younger - to investigate. Pliny is no detective, but unless he can find the murderer by the close of the ‘Ludi Romani', or Roman Games, all Verpa's slaves - forty men and women - will be burned alive in the arena.
That gives Pliny just fifteen days. Fifteen days that will threaten Pliny's conscience, his life and the stability of Rome itself.