- 11 hours ago RT @janelythell: Thriller alert. On stage at @HHLiteraryFest on Tues 16 Sept 11 am with Tamar Cohen and Sophie McKenzie http://t.co/KjrYBf…
- 13 hours ago our @NadineDorriesMP has over 1,000 verified 5* reviews on @AmazonUK and has sat in the top 50 all summer! http://t.co/UNaWFv9ZIo
- 17 hours ago Just received 1st draft of @MrsAmandaProwse new novel, A MOTHER'S STORY. Cannot wait to read. Am expecting to be shocked & shed a tear... Lx
- 19 hours ago August Book Haul - @HodderBooks @orionbooks @headlinepg @TransworldBooks @QuercusBooks @HoZ_Books http://t.co/NfWqUYXakH #bookbloggers
- 20 hours ago big thanks to my agent @andrewlownie for help on delivering debut book 'No More Champagne' ms to @HoZ_Books and soon @PicadorUSA
One for Sorrow
‘Darned close to being the perfect history mystery', Booklist.
Byzantium AD 535: Ambition, intrigue, treachery, murder... Just another day in the Imperial Court.
DEATH IN BYZANTIUM: At the heart of what is left of the Roman Empire, lies a city simmering with intrigue & treachery. Amid this maelstrom stands John, a slave who has risen to become the right hand of Justinian, the greatest of Byzantium's emperors. With violence and murder commonplace, it is John's skills as an investigator that the Emperor prizes the most.
ONE FOR SORROW: It is AD 527 and when the body of a high ranking treasury official is found in a filthy alley behind a house of ill repute, John embarks on an investigation that will stir the ghosts of his past and threaten his life. Amid rumours of soothsayers and priceless holy relics, he will follow a trail that twists and turns through the splendour and the squalor of sixth-century Byzantium. Before he reaches its end, John will defy the Patriarch of Constantinople, risk the wrath of an unmerciful Emperor and incur the undying hatred of his infamous Empress, Theodora.