- 1 hour ago RT @CrimThrillFella: Get the intel on Dead Duke author @PiuEatwell http://t.co/UhXeiV0AJq http://t.co/vN2E5BEUMe @midaspr @HoZ_Books
- 1 hour ago Get the intel on Dead Duke author @PiuEatwell http://t.co/UhXeiV0AJq http://t.co/vN2E5BEUMe @midaspr @HoZ_Books
- 13 hours ago RT @LesleyjmThomson: Come to @claphambooks this Thursday 7.30. I'm reading & signing The Detective's Secret. @HoZ_Books @CapelLand http://…
- 15 hours ago The fantastic crime novelist @LesleyjmThomson will be giving a talk and signing books at the fantastic @claphambooks tomorrow night at 7.30!
- 17 hours ago RT @welovethisbook: .@PiuEatwell tells us about how the doppelganger in fiction has developed: http://t.co/maDwu2WrqM (@HoZ_Books)
One for Sorrow
‘Darned close to being the perfect history mystery', Booklist.
Byzantium AD 535: Ambition, intrigue, treachery, murder... Just another day in the Imperial Court.
DEATH IN BYZANTIUM: At the heart of what is left of the Roman Empire, lies a city simmering with intrigue & treachery. Amid this maelstrom stands John, a slave who has risen to become the right hand of Justinian, the greatest of Byzantium's emperors. With violence and murder commonplace, it is John's skills as an investigator that the Emperor prizes the most.
ONE FOR SORROW: It is AD 527 and when the body of a high ranking treasury official is found in a filthy alley behind a house of ill repute, John embarks on an investigation that will stir the ghosts of his past and threaten his life. Amid rumours of soothsayers and priceless holy relics, he will follow a trail that twists and turns through the splendour and the squalor of sixth-century Byzantium. Before he reaches its end, John will defy the Patriarch of Constantinople, risk the wrath of an unmerciful Emperor and incur the undying hatred of his infamous Empress, Theodora.