- 5 hours ago Make your Sunday better with @MrsAmandaProwse's 'Another Love': https://t.co/OLZ4kd7rPy Only £1.99 @AmazonKindle! https://t.co/RMHyZu0rOl
- 19 hours ago 'The Silver Eye is a book filled with poetic pleasures and intellectual stimulation.' https://t.co/i4kfHF5xWk
- 20 hours ago RT @ArtySam5: Going to start #AnotherLove this week! Really looking forward to it @MrsAmandaProwse @HoZ_Books https://t.co/nsqb0w9NSt
- 20 hours ago @HoZ_Books @kyliu99 Would there be a chance of a review copy available?
- 21 hours ago RT @ArtySam5: Going to start #AnotherLove this week! Really looking forward to it @MrsAmandaProwse @HoZ_Books https://t.co/nsqb0w9NSt
One for Sorrow by M.E. Mayer
‘Darned close to being the perfect history mystery', Booklist.
Byzantium AD 535: Ambition, intrigue, treachery, murder... Just another day in the Imperial Court.
DEATH IN BYZANTIUM: At the heart of what is left of the Roman Empire, lies a city simmering with intrigue & treachery. Amid this maelstrom stands John, a slave who has risen to become the right hand of Justinian, the greatest of Byzantium's emperors. With violence and murder commonplace, it is John's skills as an investigator that the Emperor prizes the most.
ONE FOR SORROW: It is AD 527 and when the body of a high ranking treasury official is found in a filthy alley behind a house of ill repute, John embarks on an investigation that will stir the ghosts of his past and threaten his life. Amid rumours of soothsayers and priceless holy relics, he will follow a trail that twists and turns through the splendour and the squalor of sixth-century Byzantium. Before he reaches its end, John will defy the Patriarch of Constantinople, risk the wrath of an unmerciful Emperor and incur the undying hatred of his infamous Empress, Theodora.