- 13 hours ago Don't know what to do this Sunday evening? Why not watch the lovely @DavidEssexNews on The Wright Show http://t.co/GesoYJgZux
- 16 hours ago RT @LizUK: How pretty are these together? Thanks @HoZ_Books for SWORD OF THE NORTH! @luke_scull I look fwd to devouring. http://t.co/v7E7dI…
- 21 hours ago How pretty are these together? Thanks @HoZ_Books for SWORD OF THE NORTH! @luke_scull I look fwd to devouring. http://t.co/v7E7dIU4q5
- 1 day ago @JWShortland @HoZ_Books @Luke_Scull That looks awesome, I wish I had one!
- 1 day ago @HoZ_Books thanx for the book i won on goodreads,the valley by john renehan cant wait to read it,
Four for a Boy
DEATH IN BYZANTIUM: At the heart of what is left of the Roman Empire, lies a city simmering with intrigue & treachery. Amid this maelstrom stands John, a slave who has risen to become the right hand of Justinian, the greatest of Byzantium's emperors. With violence and murder commonplace, it is John's skills as an investigator that the Emperor prizes the most.
In this series prequel, John the Eunuch takes his first dangerous steps along the path that will lead him to hold office as Lord Chamberlain.
In the unnaturally cold winter of 525, the city is convulsed by doubt and riots, Emperor Justin is dying and the streets are terrorized alternately by a group of thugs and forces under the City Prefect. When a wealthy philanthropist is murdered, rumours abound that the heir to the throne, Justinian, is trying to sway the succession. In an attempt to clear his name, Justinian engages an anonymous slave called John to investigate what many believe could be part of a succession conspiracy.