- 4 hours ago @janelythell My family loved the silence lol, it was an amazing book xx @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books
- 11 hours ago Lovely! It's so fascinating to hear different responses to Kathy and Heja xx @janelythell @loveofagoodbook @HoZ_Books
- 12 hours ago 'An incredibly moving story of love, loss and friendship.' lovely review of @EmmaBurstall The Darling Girls from @CarWillow this week!
- 12 hours ago What a terrific review Kirsty. Thanks so much. Apologies to your family for the distraction! @loveofagoodbook @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books
- 12 hours ago RT @loveofagoodbook: Today on @loveofagoodbook: The Lie of You by @janelythell http://t.co/HDFv2hGE6p @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books
Four for a Boy
DEATH IN BYZANTIUM: At the heart of what is left of the Roman Empire, lies a city simmering with intrigue & treachery. Amid this maelstrom stands John, a slave who has risen to become the right hand of Justinian, the greatest of Byzantium's emperors. With violence and murder commonplace, it is John's skills as an investigator that the Emperor prizes the most.
In this series prequel, John the Eunuch takes his first dangerous steps along the path that will lead him to hold office as Lord Chamberlain.
In the unnaturally cold winter of 525, the city is convulsed by doubt and riots, Emperor Justin is dying and the streets are terrorized alternately by a group of thugs and forces under the City Prefect. When a wealthy philanthropist is murdered, rumours abound that the heir to the throne, Justinian, is trying to sway the succession. In an attempt to clear his name, Justinian engages an anonymous slave called John to investigate what many believe could be part of a succession conspiracy.