- 1 hour ago Friday Feature this week with @CarolineSandon @HoZ_Books http://t.co/GnlUsld19K
- 2 hours ago Loving the online game @HoZ_Books have done to promote The Abduction by Jonathan Holt. Win your trip to Venice here: http://t.co/zHWrOistmz
- 4 hours ago Watch @Hanna_Jameson discuss GIRL SEVEN, the second novel in the London Underground series: https://t.co/XrgAdnKlRY #thriller @HoZ_Books
- 8 hours ago RT @atis_info: ドラマCD「同人に夢みて」の発売日が【12月28日】に決定! 鈴木さん＆羽多野さん、遊佐さん＆安元さんの特典トークCDが欲しい方は、K-BOOKS系列店舗⇒12月4日閉店時まで、公式HP⇒12月5日朝11時までに予約してね❤ http://t.c…
- 15 hours ago RT @DrVictoriaJames: Getting an early night with a new biography - always fun to be had under the covers with Lord Rochester #BlazingStar @…
Four for a Boy
DEATH IN BYZANTIUM: At the heart of what is left of the Roman Empire, lies a city simmering with intrigue & treachery. Amid this maelstrom stands John, a slave who has risen to become the right hand of Justinian, the greatest of Byzantium's emperors. With violence and murder commonplace, it is John's skills as an investigator that the Emperor prizes the most.
In this series prequel, John the Eunuch takes his first dangerous steps along the path that will lead him to hold office as Lord Chamberlain.
In the unnaturally cold winter of 525, the city is convulsed by doubt and riots, Emperor Justin is dying and the streets are terrorized alternately by a group of thugs and forces under the City Prefect. When a wealthy philanthropist is murdered, rumours abound that the heir to the throne, Justinian, is trying to sway the succession. In an attempt to clear his name, Justinian engages an anonymous slave called John to investigate what many believe could be part of a succession conspiracy.