- 1 minute ago RT @JadAdamsAuthor: Great to watch old friend @DavidOlusoga picking up award @PolBookAwards last night for World's War @HoZ_Books http://t.…
- 1 hour ago RT @BodPublishing: Well done to @DavidOlusoga winning #ww1 cat @PolBookAwards last night with The World's War @HoZ_Books
- 1 hour ago RT @JadAdamsAuthor: Great to watch old friend @DavidOlusoga picking up award @PolBookAwards last night for World's War @HoZ_Books http://t.…
- 1 hour ago Just received 2 copies of The Swimmer by Joakim Zander form @HoZ_Books Looks like a cracking read.
- 1 hour ago Congratulations @DavidOlusoga on winning the WW1 Book of the Year award at the Political Book Awards last night! http://t.co/RlzAUlVkH8
An elk is for life, not just for Christmas...
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.