- 6 hours ago RT @dig_london: Want a chance to win a trip to Venice? Play the game we created for @hoz_books exciting new paperback The Abduction! http:/…
- 13 hours ago Want a chance to win a trip to Venice? Play the game we created for @hoz_books exciting new paperback The Abduction! http://t.co/QRAW3fPgwq
- 14 hours ago @EmlynReesWriter @HoZ_Books That's a very clever tool... takes a bit of budget to pull something like that off as slickly as they have...
- 17 hours ago Friday Feature this week with @CarolineSandon @HoZ_Books http://t.co/GnlUsld19K
- 18 hours ago Loving the online game @HoZ_Books have done to promote The Abduction by Jonathan Holt. Win your trip to Venice here: http://t.co/zHWrOistmz
An elk is for life, not just for Christmas...
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.