- 1 hour ago @emthebookworm It is not currently possible to expand the giveaway to Ireland. But 'The Story of Us' will be available to buy on 1st Aug!
- 1 hour ago .@MrsAmandaProwse discusses everything from illness to writing habits!: http://t.co/hHBtKXSTqN http://t.co/X0pLsNjqlR http://t.co/gsw1pQVoFG
- 5 hours ago Giveaway! For a chance to win 'The Story Of Us' by @AtkinsDani click here: http://t.co/4g8ZhepzXu http://t.co/lDSbw6vTZL
- 5 hours ago Giveaway! For a chance to win 'Disappeared' by Anthony Quinn, click here: http://t.co/2fMKg6exYY http://t.co/JJtfkHx877
- 6 hours ago This book must be dangerous - no bookshop in Dublin seems to have an unsealed copy on display. http://t.co/BC5xDsixgQ @HoZ_Books
An elk is for life, not just for Christmas...
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.