- 2 hours ago calling all @NadineDorriesMP fans: a perfect #christmasread in form of short story #runtohim - out today on @ibooks! http://t.co/0waplGxP3x
- 4 hours ago RT @littlebookfairy: On page 13 of Orkney twilight, by Clare carson http://t.co/M5TuH3kwE1
- 7 hours ago OUT TODAY: powerful xmas short #runtohim from @NadineDorriesMP - ready, set, run to @nookBN for yours http://t.co/7bTtzpXcu9 #christmasreads
- 9 hours ago RT @Crimesquadcom: Stuck for Xmas present for someone? Check out Top Ten of 'must have' books to buy! @foliosociety @BL_Shop @HoZ_Books htt…
- 1 day ago @BathStoryAward @WordFactoryUK @HoZ_Books prettying the was. Those poor people
An elk is for life, not just for Christmas...
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.