- 13 hours ago @hhbagencyltd @EmmaBurstall @HoZ_Books ooh, pretty!! Way to go Emma!!! X
- 13 hours ago RT @hhbagencyltd: LOVING the shiny new paperback edition of @EmmaBurstall's The Darling Girls due out in Jan '14. Thank you @HoZ_Books! htt…
- 14 hours ago LOVING the shiny new paperback edition of @EmmaBurstall's The Darling Girls due out in Jan '14. Thank you @HoZ_Books! http://t.co/BbMPBmfZjV
- 16 hours ago Swedish crime anthology A Darker Shade, featuring brand new fiction from STIEG LARSSON, is published today! http://t.co/MFmSfUGNmL out now
- 4 days ago RT @ed_pr: #AllTheBestLines is a "glorious book" says @BooksandArts - the perfect Xmas present for any film lover! http://t.co/gD2A3bqrx2 @…
An elk is for life, not just for Christmas...
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.