- 28 minutes ago BBC2 The World's War excellent book by David Olusoga. http://t.co/CfMDCz94Ke @cameramanuk1 @DavidOlusoga @HoZ_Books http://t.co/e8I3KwTH3e
- 3 hours ago Lovely book post this morning! Thank you @HoZ_Books! Another lovely story from @AtkinsDani! @NotBeckySharp http://t.co/PFjNI1rt7o
- 22 hours ago RT @Waterstones: RT for the chance to win @MrsAmandaProwse's moving new book "Will You Remember Me?" http://t.co/ZdrDXDRVw9 @HoZ_Books http…
- 1 day ago @Floramca @MrsAmandaProwse @HoZ_Books Yes, I was amazed they didn't before. #OneInstinctivelyKnowsWhenItsRight
- 1 day ago @Floramca @MrsAmandaProwse @HoZ_Books hi Flora, those links are genius aren't they?
The Twenty-Fourth Day of HoZmas: Doppler
The Twenty-Fourth Day of HoZmas: DopplerSubmitted by: Kaz 24 Dec 2012 - 12:12
‘Wonderfully subversive, funny and original.’ Observer
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.
Click here to buy DOPPLER from your favourite e-retailer.