- 17 hours ago Prince of Darkness! @NotBeckySharp @HoZ_Books Mr postie dropped FAB copy in, thx so much-bring on easter hols! love the pesky Plantagenets
- 1 day ago @HoZ_Books aquires Clare Carson's #debut #novels from @oliagent of @AMHeathLtd in a 2 #bookdeal.
- 1 day ago RT @ben_cheethamUK: First look at the real thing. @HoZ_Books have done an amazing job. Only a month until publication! http://t.co/N3SgDme5…
- 1 day ago Review of LAZY DAYS by Erlend Loe http://t.co/PtYof7FDpg Loe is such a slacker, but he is unaccountably funny @erlendloe @HoZ_Books
- 1 day ago RT @AMHeathLtd: Fantastic news for Clare Carson and @oliagent! HoZ pre-empts debut in six-figure deal | The Bookseller http://t.co/2Pd6iOjB…
The Twenty-Fourth Day of HoZmas: Doppler
The Twenty-Fourth Day of HoZmas: DopplerSubmitted by: Kaz 24 Dec 2012 - 12:12
‘Wonderfully subversive, funny and original.’ Observer
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.
Click here to buy DOPPLER from your favourite e-retailer.