- 8 hours ago RT @TripFiction: New 5* review: "After the Storm" by @janelythell "Tense #sailing thriller" http://t.co/i5C4TQIT6c set #roatan #Belize @HoZ…
- 8 hours ago RT @learndirectGlos: @MrSimeonProwse @MrsAmandaProwse @heatworld Lovely to meet you all last night @WaterstonesCC @HoZ_Books @FootstepsCand…
- 15 hours ago RT @marymaywrite: Three Hostages by John #Buchan Only clue a poem. Bonus: character tells how to #write a shocker! http://t.co/1HvwZpMgF6 @…
- 15 hours ago Three Hostages by John #Buchan Only clue a poem. Bonus: character tells how to #write a shocker! http://t.co/1HvwZpMgF6 @PPPress @HoZ_Books
- 20 hours ago Blood Sisters by Graham Masterton @GrahamMasterton is £0.99 on http://t.co/GrEvJyc2aT! @HoZ_Books #Deal
The Twenty-Fourth Day of HoZmas: Doppler
The Twenty-Fourth Day of HoZmas: DopplerSubmitted by: Kaz 24 Dec 2012 - 12:12
‘Wonderfully subversive, funny and original.’ Observer
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.
Click here to buy DOPPLER from your favourite e-retailer.