- 6 hours ago @HoZ_Books @ArabellaPike And I signed all of them. Dx
- 6 hours ago @HoZ_Books @drearyagent I want this book too. Looks fabulous. Congrats
- 9 hours ago RT @WstonesChiswick: If you haven't seen the most beautiful book in the shop, here it is. That Glimpse of Truth by @drearyagent @HoZ_Books …
- 11 hours ago TIGER MILK: I'm a fan of @stefdevelasco and @timmohr's funny shocking happy sad novel from @HoZ_Books: http://t.co/G1EUTvwrEk
- 13 hours ago RT @artofile: @LesleyjmThomson on Drive Time 1620 today! @sarahjgorrell @HoZ_Books @MyriadEditions @CapelLand @BBCSussex
The Twenty-Fourth Day of HoZmas: Doppler
The Twenty-Fourth Day of HoZmas: DopplerSubmitted by: Kaz 24 Dec 2012 - 12:12
‘Wonderfully subversive, funny and original.’ Observer
Doppler has just lost his father. Despite the fact that he has a pregnant wife and two children, he decides to move into the woods . Here he starts a lonely and purposefully boring existence. He has never been so happy.
When Doppler kills a she-elk for meat he can't feel guilty about it, but he does feel a bit guilty about the calf she left behind. When the baby elk adopts him, Doppler is tempted to knock it down as well. But the little elk is wily and escapes death, and gradually they become friends. He names the little elk Bongo.
Doppler is a charming, absurd and subversive novel with serious undertones and criticism of our modern consumer society.
Click here to buy DOPPLER from your favourite e-retailer.