- 1 hour ago Watch @Hanna_Jameson discuss GIRL SEVEN, the second novel in the London Underground series: https://t.co/XrgAdnKlRY #thriller @HoZ_Books
- 6 hours ago RT @atis_info: ドラマCD「同人に夢みて」の発売日が【12月28日】に決定! 鈴木さん＆羽多野さん、遊佐さん＆安元さんの特典トークCDが欲しい方は、K-BOOKS系列店舗⇒12月4日閉店時まで、公式HP⇒12月5日朝11時までに予約してね❤ http://t.c…
- 12 hours ago RT @DrVictoriaJames: Getting an early night with a new biography - always fun to be had under the covers with Lord Rochester #BlazingStar @…
- 13 hours ago @DrVictoriaJames @HoZ_Books I hope that the bad Lord doesn't keep you up all night!
- 13 hours ago RT @DrVictoriaJames: Getting an early night with a new biography - always fun to be had under the covers with Lord Rochester #BlazingStar @…
Shooting Victoria: Last week's most reviewed
Shooting Victoria: Last week's most reviewedSubmitted by: Kaz 21 Jan 2013 - 12:01
'Beautifully researched and lucidly written... an entertaining study'.
THE SUNDAY TIMES
'A rollicking read.' THE SPECTATOR
In the early evening of 10 June 1840, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert emerged from the gates of Buckingham Palace in a droshky, or low-slung carriage, to take their daily airing in Hyde Park.
Waiting for them on Constitution Hill was a deeply troubled and volatile young man named Edward Oxford. Just six weeks previously, on 30 April, Oxford had been sacked, with three months’ wages, from his job as a barman at a West End pub. He promptly spent the money on a pair of pistols. As the royal carriage made its way towards the Park, climbing the gentle hill between the Palace gardens and Green Park on that fine and sunny late spring evening, Edward Oxford assumed a highwayman’s stance and trained his weapons at the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland…
Paul Thomas Murphy’s extraordinary story of the men who attempted to assassinate Queen Victoria was one of the books most reviewed across the press last week.
'[A] fascinating book... it is a testament to his talent that these 500 pages left me wanting more.' Daily Express
'A rollicking read.' The Spectator
Click here to read more about SHOOTING VICTORIA.