- 3 hours ago RT @GinaDWriter: Today's present in the post, won on Goodreads! Looking forward to this! #thestoryofus @AtkinsDani Thanks @HoZ_Books http:/…
- 3 hours ago Today's present in the post, won on Goodreads! Looking forward to this! #thestoryofus @AtkinsDani Thanks @HoZ_Books http://t.co/J6vcPwXpUL
- 4 hours ago RT @AmandaProwseFan: Over 100 5* reviews for 'Will You Remember Me?' @MrsAmandaProwse @HoZ_Books @NotBeckySharp http://t.co/6wBE8KsEci
- 6 hours ago @AmandaProwseFan @HoZ_Books @NotBeckySharp thank you so much! x
- 6 hours ago RT @AmandaProwseFan: Over 100 5* reviews for 'Will You Remember Me?' @MrsAmandaProwse @HoZ_Books @NotBeckySharp http://t.co/6wBE8KsEci
Shooting Victoria: Last week's most reviewed
Shooting Victoria: Last week's most reviewedSubmitted by: Kaz 21 Jan 2013 - 12:01
'Beautifully researched and lucidly written... an entertaining study'.
THE SUNDAY TIMES
'A rollicking read.' THE SPECTATOR
In the early evening of 10 June 1840, Queen Victoria and Prince Albert emerged from the gates of Buckingham Palace in a droshky, or low-slung carriage, to take their daily airing in Hyde Park.
Waiting for them on Constitution Hill was a deeply troubled and volatile young man named Edward Oxford. Just six weeks previously, on 30 April, Oxford had been sacked, with three months’ wages, from his job as a barman at a West End pub. He promptly spent the money on a pair of pistols. As the royal carriage made its way towards the Park, climbing the gentle hill between the Palace gardens and Green Park on that fine and sunny late spring evening, Edward Oxford assumed a highwayman’s stance and trained his weapons at the Queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland…
Paul Thomas Murphy’s extraordinary story of the men who attempted to assassinate Queen Victoria was one of the books most reviewed across the press last week.
'[A] fascinating book... it is a testament to his talent that these 500 pages left me wanting more.' Daily Express
'A rollicking read.' The Spectator
Click here to read more about SHOOTING VICTORIA.