“A stain on our history that must never be allowed to happen again,” is how Diane Feinstein, chairman of the US Senate Intelligence Committee, summed up the CIA’s programme of ‘enhanced interrogations’ in the Committee’s recently-released report. The press has seized on some of the details – of deaths by freezing, of ‘rectal feeding’, of prisoners threatened with power tools and subjected to multiple waterboarding sessions – but misconceptions and myths still abound.
- 4 hours ago My Interview With Author Joakim Zander @JoakimZander http://t.co/Y2wk8jiV5s @HoZ_Books http://t.co/Xm4cOmuNyY
- 8 hours ago RT @marymaywrite: December is #pantomime time in the old country... http://t.co/kTcvq9b9tU #nostalgia #entertainment @PPPress @Hoz_Books
- 8 hours ago December is #pantomime time in the old country... http://t.co/kTcvq9b9tU #nostalgia #entertainment @PPPress @Hoz_Books
- 13 hours ago RT @thebookplank: Best Detective of 2014 published by @JoFletcherBooks @HoZ_Books @UKTor @TitanBooks http://t.co/HNcJIwFvPI
- 14 hours ago RT @ParmenionBooks: https://t.co/Dsl5Uh9ksF @HoZ_Books @NotBeckySharp @sewdarnpretty